1 Comment
State: Minnesota County: Scott

I need to postpone my DWI jail and EHM sentence until I sell my home. Police forfeited my vehicle and I lost my job. I cannot work or afford to pay my bills! I need to postpone my sentence until I sell my home or give me 3-4 months to get affairs in order including the sale of my home. I cannot afford to pay my mortgage due to this issue. Can the judge grant this request?

You can bring a motion to postpone the report date or start date but getting 3-4 months postponement would in my opinion be unrealistic and very unlikely to be granted. A month, maybe two, would be more realistic depending on how good of a case you can make for it.

Add a Comment